:: The S.I.C.L.E. Cell ::

my view from the prison of a SICLE (Self-Imposed Child Loss Experience) due to debilitating maternal disease
:: welcome to The S.I.C.L.E. Cell :: bloghome
SEARCH THE CELL Google Custom Search
| thesiclecell@yahoo.com ::
[::..recommended..::]
:: After abortion[>]
:: RealChoice[>]
:: Silent Rain Drops[>]
:: Stanek![>]

:: Thursday, December 08, 2005 ::

Ok, things with the mother and daughter are still quite precarious.

I will tell you that with all the blog mentions
here
here
here
here
and here...

we got 4 donations so far.

So I'm posting it again. And I'm going to keep posting every day with financial updates until the need is met.

As of today, we need $1,950 to secure this woman's mortgage payment so that she is guaranteed not to lose her house through May when the baby is due. I know all the particulars and quite frankly, I can't post them here because you would know who the mother is and she does not want to be identified at this time. So you're just going to have to trust me. I know how that sounds, but there's just no way around it.

I feel like this particular situation may be suffering a case of the "bystander effect". As in the Kitty Genovse case, there may be a feeling of diminished responsibility because surely, with all the blog press, tons of people must be helping this mom and baby, right? Again, we only got four donations - four donations we are profoundly, eternally grateful for, but only four out of hundreds if not thousands of readers.

$1,950 is the magic number, people.

Please contribute any amount to:

New Philadelphia Presbyterian Church
P.O. Box 344
Quincy, Florida 32351

This church will send the payment directly to the mother's mortgage company. Please clearly mark your tax-deductible contribution "Crisis Pregnancy Ministry" in the memo field.

Please do not rely on anyone else to make a contribution. You may quite literally be the only one who will.

Be the antithesis of D. Nathan. Ask, care, give.

:: ashli 9:00 AM # ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?