:: The S.I.C.L.E. Cell ::

my view from the prison of a SICLE (Self-Imposed Child Loss Experience) due to debilitating maternal disease
:: welcome to The S.I.C.L.E. Cell :: bloghome
SEARCH THE CELL Google Custom Search
| thesiclecell@yahoo.com ::
[::..recommended..::]
:: After abortion[>]
:: RealChoice[>]
:: Silent Rain Drops[>]
:: Stanek![>]

:: Saturday, September 10, 2005 ::


"Hi. I'm Tucker. Lots of people have their 'beliefs' about abortion. Some don't believe that a child in the womb is a child at all. Some people do, but they believe there are more important things -such as not telling a woman what she can do with her body.

Please take a careful look at my body.

No matter what you 'believe' about abortion, the truth is, when I had been alive and growing for seven months, a woman made a choice that tore my legs off and most of my fingers too. Because of her choice to abort me, I will never be able to walk or run and play with the perfect, healthy legs I was created with, nor will I ever be able to type with the healthy, nimble fingers that used to be mine. That kind of sucks, doesn't it.



Also, no matter what you believe about adoption, these are my two white parents, and I am their (unnecessarily) disabled black son. Some people say that doesn't happen. Some people understand that it does, but they would still prefer a woman's choice over my life (and limbs). No matter what anyone 'believes', it looks like adoption solved my birthmom's problem and hey, mine too! So I kinda can't help feeling that it might have been better if I had been adopted, same as now, but without the dismemberment part. I think it would be nice if people looked less at their 'beliefs' about abortion and more at the bodies affected by it. Mine for example.

Please forgive the SICLE lady for not providing a big, red WARNING sign before showing my picture. Even though I am a graphic image of abortion, she thought that slapping my adorable little forehead with a warning label just wouldn't be right."


:: ashli 11:47 PM # ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?