:: The S.I.C.L.E. Cell ::

my view from the prison of a SICLE (Self-Imposed Child Loss Experience) due to debilitating maternal disease
:: welcome to The S.I.C.L.E. Cell :: bloghome
SEARCH THE CELL Google Custom Search
| thesiclecell@yahoo.com ::
[::..recommended..::]
:: After abortion[>]
:: RealChoice[>]
:: Silent Rain Drops[>]
:: Stanek![>]

:: Friday, July 29, 2005 ::

Nick's lame copout.

I was surprised when I heard someone say Nick was "pro-life". I didn't get that at all from the "apology" at the end of the song. It went something like this:

"I ain't makin' no judgements.
I ain't makin' no decisions."

I still like the song, and I still think it has already saved the world for a few people out there.

As an aside, I wish people would stop making this statement:

"No one knows what it's like to be open prey in your mother's womb unless you were born after 1973."

Oh really? Tell that to all the jar babies in Magda Denes' Necessity and Sorrow book. Hello, this notion just perpetuates the fallacy that if Roe v. Wade is ever reversed abortion will be illegal.

When it happens abortion will still be legal in the vast majority of states. The only thing Roe v. Wade did was mandate the legalization of abortion for the country. It took the right of local government away; individual states could no longer decide what they wanted for themselves. In short Roe v. Wade took away the right of the state to choose.

:: ashli 11:19 PM # ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?