:: The S.I.C.L.E. Cell ::

my view from the prison of a SICLE (Self-Imposed Child Loss Experience) due to debilitating maternal disease
:: welcome to The S.I.C.L.E. Cell :: bloghome
SEARCH THE CELL Google Custom Search
| thesiclecell@yahoo.com ::
[::..recommended..::]
:: After abortion[>]
:: RealChoice[>]
:: Silent Rain Drops[>]
:: Stanek![>]

:: Friday, April 29, 2005 ::

A reader wonders if "the rabbit died" is my way of announcing a pregnancy. It was a good question. The referenced post is a little confusing.

Click on the "I will go to him" link and read the story. I got the image of the young girl hanging dead in the tree with her stuffed rabbit tucked neatly under her shirt (like a pregnant belly?) and the first thing that came to mind was "the rabbit died", and of course there's a dual meaning in this case.

Friends tell me I'm getting old, and when I said something about a David Bowie song to the neighbor's teenaged boy he asked me, "David Who?", so I figured I'd better reference the coining of the rabbit phrase for younger readers (and by younger I mean "those who don't know how to saddle a dinosaur"). I guess it kind of backfired on me.

(I just don't understand it.
It made SO MUCH sense in my head!
D'har.)

FYI, for those of you who are not familiar with my severe, pregnancy-related maternal illness, if I ever announce a pregnancy in the future it will look like this:
"AAAAAAaaaaaaarrrrrrggggh!"

:: ashli 3:05 PM # ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?