:: The S.I.C.L.E. Cell ::

my view from the prison of a SICLE (Self-Imposed Child Loss Experience) due to debilitating maternal disease
:: welcome to The S.I.C.L.E. Cell :: bloghome
SEARCH THE CELL Google Custom Search
| thesiclecell@yahoo.com ::
[::..recommended..::]
:: After abortion[>]
:: RealChoice[>]
:: Silent Rain Drops[>]
:: Stanek![>]

:: Friday, March 18, 2005 ::

They pulled the tube. Terri is dying.

"ATTORNEY BARBARA WELLER TOLD TERRI THAT THEY WERE GOING TO REMOVE HER FEEDING TUBE , TERRI BEGAN TO CRY AND TRIED TO SAY 'I WANT TO LIVE' ATTORNEY WELLER SAID SHE HAD A DIFFICULT TIME CALMING TERRI DOWN."

I have it from a well-trusted source that if Barb Weller said it, it's true.

My dad was a professor at Florida State University and taught and worked in the field of developmental health and rehabilitation. I worked with non-ambulatory students for a semester. Some of my students didn't have some of Terri's abilities, such as the ability to even vocalize. Even so, in Florida they are treated as citizens and have the right to an education, and they are in the public schools, albeit in their own classroom.

I'm upset about the whole thing with Terri, but I'm acutely troubled about her reaction to the news that she is being killed. If she can't form the words, for lack of rehabilitation or lack of ability, but she is crying out in the only way she knows how... and no one will listen... oh my.

Surround Terri's hospice. Call your senators. It is not too late... yet.

:: ashli 7:04 PM # ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?