:: The S.I.C.L.E. Cell ::

my view from the prison of a SICLE (Self-Imposed Child Loss Experience) due to debilitating maternal disease
:: welcome to The S.I.C.L.E. Cell :: bloghome
SEARCH THE CELL Google Custom Search
| thesiclecell@yahoo.com ::
[::..recommended..::]
:: After abortion[>]
:: RealChoice[>]
:: Silent Rain Drops[>]
:: Stanek![>]

:: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 ::

Thought some of you might be interested in what happened to Patte's preacher during church last Sunday. (Patte is the "sidewalk counselor" who occasionally shares her diary with us here at the Cell.)

Without further ado, it's Patte time...

"Sunday, January 9, 2005
I will never forget today. Jack Arnold was full of the Spirit on the Lord's Day. The missionary and beloved former pastor of our church took the pulpit this morning. His message was entitled "The Cost of Discipleship".

Preaching from Luke14:25-27; "And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple". Jack encouraged the church to listen carefully to Christ's words and to obey Him, charging: "Carry your cross into the public streets!"

He spoke of the necessity of living a life of whole-hearted devotion and complete surrender to Jesus. Jack quoted Dietrich Bonhoeffer who said: "When Christ calls a man He bids him come and die". He quoted John Wesley "I'm immortal until God calls me home."

Jack enthusiatically declared: "To live is Christ and to die is .... terrible? awful? tragedy? NO! To live is Christ and to die is GAIN! I am ready to go and be with the Lord, I don't know about any of you." He laughed and said: "Remember the words of Jim Elliot who said: 'He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.'"

Jack was full of unspeakable joy. During this annointed and prophetic sermon the Lord crooked His finger and Jack Arnold fell over dead.

Through the power of an endless life (Hebrews 7:16), Jack Arnold lives on in the presence of the One He loved. I couldn't help but think, if the Lord were to crook His finger and call any of us home, how sweet and perfect to find us, like Jack, telling of Jesus.

If our faith is based and grounded in the eternal priesthood and indomitable power of the resurrection of Christ, we too, will be fearless in the face of life and death.

"Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more."Romans 7:8,9"

Pretty wild, huh!

I promise I'll get back to the Carlin thing just as soon as I have a moment to spare. (Lots of interesting things drawing my attention away lately.)

:: ashli 2:48 PM # ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?