"And not every egg makes it that far. 80% of a woman's fertilized eggs are rinsed and flushed out of her body once a month during those delightful few days she has. They wind up on sanatary napkins and yet, they are, fertilized eggs."
1. They are people, and that is referred to as an early miscarriage.
2. If a woman miscarries 9 children does it mean that her tenth child, who lives, is not human? What bearing does the percentage of Mother's miscarriages have on the humanity of a living child?
3. Following Carlin's logic, if it is OK to kill people before birth because many or even most of them die before birth, then it must be OK to kill people post-birth because 100% of them will die after birth.
"So basically what these anti-abortion people are tellin' us is that any woman who's had more then one period is a serial killer!"
Periods are different from miscarriages as they involve the shedding of unfertilized eggs. Miscarriages differ from abortion in that miscarriages are unintentional. Using Carlin's analogy, a mother would only be a "serial killer" if she willfully aborted more than one child.
"If they really wanna get serious, what about all those sperm that are wasted when the state executes a condemned man and one of these pro-life guys who's watching cums in his pants? Here's a guy standing over there with his jockey shorts full of little vinnies and debbies and nobody's saying a word to the guy."
1. There is a difference between executing an innocent, helpless child and executing a murderer, and so some people who oppose abortion do support the death penalty without contradicting themselves. I think a distinction can be made between "pro-life" and "anti-abortion". People who don't like abortion are anti-abortion. People who are "pro-life" have what some refer to as a "consistent life ethic" and don't support the death penalty.
2. Ova and sperm share the genetic code of the woman's/man's body. A fertilized ovum, that is to say, a human being, has a genetic code entirely different from the parental body. Sperm and ova have one set of chromosomes while a blastocyst has 23 pairs. Sperm are potential people. Fertilized eggs are people with potential.
(Photo links of white women who adopted black and drug-exposed black children... and children with Down Syndrome... have been added here and appear in response number 7.)